Schneider Electric, the leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation has launched three new wiring devices range – Clipsal X, UNICA Pure and Avatar ON. With products that are digitally advanced, with alluring designs, Schneider Electric aims to address the growing consumer market that demands style, strength, efficiency as well as digitisation. The products are being introduced with the unique proposition of customisation and IoT enablement. Available in varied price ranges, the products are one-of-its-kind in the Indian home distribution segment.
In India, the Home Automation industry is rapidly growing and evolving more to a converged offering with integration of Lighting Controls and Switchboards, Safety Security Sensors, Voice Enabled System etc. The growing market share of smart homes in India can be attributed to the growth of IT hubs and HNWI’s (high net worth individuals) which are majorly concentrated in NCR, Punjab, Gujarat, Pune, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Noida and Coimbatore. According to a Redseer report, every year, the uptake of smart homes in India is increasing between 15-18% in tier 1 cities and between 5-10% in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. As of 2018, after Pune, Delhi NCR has the highest market share of 13% in the home automation market across India.
One critical aspect of smart homes today is smart savvy lighting alongside immaculately designed switchboards to go along with the aesthetics of the house. Over the years, consumer demands have changed drastically in terms of features, design and overall amenities. Today, millennials make nearly half of the working age population in India and are one of the most affluent population groups keen on investing in high quality, automated products.
Speaking about the launch, Srinivas Shanbhogue, VP Retail Business, Schneider Electric, said, “Smart home devices are rapidly catching up in India. Today, people are beginning to make sustainable choices at every step of their life starting from their homes, and our new range of wiring devices and switches cater to this market. At Schneider Electric, we believe in delivering the best technology and our teams have been working hard to create market offerings that are ready to disrupt the Indian wiring devices market.”
The devices include:
- Avatar On: It is a switch that takes on multiple Avatars and changes as you like. This product fulfils your personalisation needs of customized patterns, finishes, pictures. It is an exquisite combination of functionality and style
- Unica Pure: Complies to the highest international standard of Green Certification for manufactured products (RoHS, REACH, PEP, EoLI) and is 100% Recyclable – making it safe not only for your family but also to the environment.
- Clipsal X: Made to last for more than 1 Million Clicks while keeping the vibrant and youthful colours aligned to the latest interior design trends
The new products have been introduced in addition to the existing range which consists of:
- ULTI Impress: Patented Impress Mechanism ensuring that the switch stays in a uniform position and can be operated with ease while ring-shaped LED locators to glow to guide you to your switches at night
- NEO: World’s first and only range of horizontal switches which is perfectly suited to modern décor with Matte and Glossy finishes for a unique jacketed look
- ZENcelo: World’s First Full-Flat Mechanical Switch. It is clear of all unnecessary lines & protrusions while it easily blends in with contemporary décor. The product has also won the iF Product Design which offers the best functionality without compromising on the aesthetics
- Opale: The device is Scratch Resistant, Easy to Clean & Prevents light reflection off the surface while being easy to install at the same time
- Livia: The device is Only 2.7mm wall hug – thin plate with the free-flowing curved body to minimise dust accumulation
Addressing this need, Schneider Electric has taken innovation in this area to the next level with the launch of these three new wiring devices range. This is a testimony to their commitment towards green India and spreading awareness about the importance of safety, standardisation and sustainable solutions for the end users.
Leave a Reply