Indian Railways has been working to provide world-class stations to people and the work is under implementation at stations like Madhya Pradesh’s Habibganj and Gujarat’s Surat, among others. The railways have planned to develop 10 stations by equipping them with airport-like facilities.
These stations are Lucknow’s Charbagh, Gomti Nagar, Delhi’s Sarai Rohilla, Kota, Thane, Mandgaon, Ernakulam, Nellore, Tirupati, and Puducherry.
The National Building Construction Company (NBCC) has prepared the design for the redeveloped of stations. The redevelopment work of the Charbagh station is expected to get completed by 2020 at an approximate cost of Rs 600 crore.
The total cost of redevelopment of all these 10 stations has been estimated at 5,000cr INR. These stations will have facilities like malls, shops, food plazas and office spaces. The NBCC is also considering to build affordable houses on the land near the stations.
These stations will not only improve passenger amenities but will improve the connectivity. Some of the benefits of the redeveloped stations:
- 24×7 footfall with a direct inter-connectivity into Railway Station is peerless with any other locality for businesses.
- Increase of Railway passenger footfall into many folds due to station Redevelopment.
- Future expansion with Commercial Office spaces, IT Towers, Hotels & Residential apartments will attract the people from nook and corner of the city.
- Intelligent space design with wide corridors, Atriums, Sky-lights, Escalators and landscaped open areas, hassle-free basement parking would increase the comforts to shopaholics.
- The Ultra-modern facilities/services with integrated Buildings Management systems and Green Building features shall generate positive energy into building/spaces.
Source: Zee Business