The 6th edition of fensterbau frontale india 2016, International Exhibition & Conference on Window, Door and Façade Technology took place from February 25th-27, 2016 at Bombay Convention & Exhibition Centre, Mumbai.
The event has managed to achieve a successful outcome by providing an effective learning platform, complimented with immense networking opportunities. It gave an insight into the latest technology and their application. The products & solution on display at the event meet various criteria such as sustainability, energy efficiency and durability.
The event also had an ‘Innovation Gallery’ which showcased the façades designed by renowned architects across the country.
Day1: The inaugural session powered by Geeta Group of Companies was well attended by the façade industry experts and the design community. The jury for the Student’s Competition 2016 which comprised of the eminent Dr. Prem Jain, Chairman, India Green Building Council and Arjun Malik from Malik Architecture took place during the main event.
Panel Discussion on FENEPLAST-A deeper insight into uPVC industry was conducted during the main event which saw participation from:
– Ganesh Pai, Theysohn Extrusiontechnik
– Jayen Modi, Baerlocher
– Bharat Kaura, Shepherd Color
– Farid Khan, Profine
– Jagdish Mistry, Jagdish Mistry & Associates
The theme for the discussion was: benefits of uPVC, extrusion systems for end to end PVC profile manufacturing, stabilisation of PVC profiles for better performance and durability and colour options for PVC profiles. It enlightened the audience about the quality, form & function, visual appearance, sustainability, insulation factor and cost of uPVC windows and doors.
Day2: An international seminar on Fire Safety in Glass Façade Buildings, organised by the Fire Safety Association Of India (FSAI), saw participation from the following people:
– Andy Dean, Head Of Façades WSP/ Parsons Brinckerhoff, Dubai
– Ar. Raghavendran, CRN Architects
– Santosh Warick, Director MIDC Fire Service & CFO, MIDC
– Ruchir Panwar, Business Head-Build PDA Consultants, Ahmedabad, Susten by Mahindra
– Devendra Kumar Shami, Fire Advisor, DGFS, CD, HG
– Peter Simmonds, MD/ Principal Building & Systems Analytics, LLC, USA 6.
– Hemanth Rathod, National Heads-Structural Glass Solutions. Saint Gobain Glass India
– Rolf Schnitzler, Product Engineer-Curtain Walls & Windows, ift Rosenheim, Germany
– Gareth Whitcombe, Technical Specialist, Water & Mechanical Products, TYCO, USA
– Pankaj Dharkar, PDA Consultants
The intention was to discuss how fire can be controlled in glass buildings, the material replacement for mitigating opportunities, façade fire risk evaluation- understanding & quantifying the risks associated, fire rated materials and its performance characteristic, etc.
Day3: A panel discussion on Net Zero Architecture-Why Facades Are Important was moderated by Ashish Rakheja from AEON Consultants featuring illustrious architects as panellists:
– Puran Kumar, Puran Kumar Architects
– Kalhan Mattoo, Planet 3 Studios
– Deepak Mehta, Deepak Mehta Architects
– Kayzad Shroff, Shroffleon Architects
– Prashant Sutaria from Prashant Sutaria Architects
It touched upon a plethora of topics: increasing focus on low energy buildings, role of façades, green rating system in India, shift in pace in terms of buildings being made, high performance building, educating the end users, etc.